Friday, June 27, 2008

IUI #3 with Follistim and Metformin

Okay so the blood test (beta) was BFN. Not a surprise. So the doctors office will be calling in 600 mg of Follistim to be taken as: 50 mg a night for 10 nights. They will alter the dosage depending on how the follicles are growing. Next appt set for today 6/25/08. Oh, by the way, the Follistim is a home injection that you give yourself in the tummy. doesnt hurt or bother me at ALL. DH sometimes helps with it.

6/25/08: Went to dr's this am (9:15) had two follicles. One on each side. Left ovary was hard to see. (this was the first "uncomfortable" vaginal ultrasound I had) . Each follicle measured about 13mm. DH wants to go out of town this weekend so if they grow at average (2mm per day) IUI should be on Monday & Tuesday.. maybe Sunday and Monday. But he would be able to go Friday and Saturday and come home early Sunday? (Boys weekend) Well we'll see how it goes...Ovaries apparently do not brake for boys weekend.

6/27/08: Dr's appt (8:15am). Still two follicles. One on each side. Surprise Surprise they are measuring 19mm. Out goes the 2mm per day theory for me. DH was happy but laughed that everytime he plans to go away he has to cancel. He still might go though. I told him I would call as soon as we get the bloodwork results later today.
11:42am: Drs office called. Have to go back tomorrow for more blood work and another ultrasound. Maybe IUI will be Sunday and Monday? In the midst of all of this DH and I had some "relationship issues" that made me question continuing on the fertility trail. I also am in between changing jobs. (well leaving a job and opening my own practice). I know this probably sounds crazy to do so much with the fertility stuff and life stuff but my life cant stop b/c of the fertility stuff and I think it actually keeps some sane. So I'm learning to juggle. The new job will also be a break as running someone else practice is truly backbreaking work. So while it seems like a lot I imagine that it will be a stress reliever. After the doctors tomorrow I am planning a day at the beach with an old friend and then school work tomorrow night ( yes, in school too. I am finishing an MBA program). I will update tomorrow evening with the follicle size and planned date of IUI.

No comments: